Maple Glaze Donuts (grain, gluten and refined sugar-free, paleo)
Another sample of why anyone can get fit if they want using the paleo diet. This paleo friendly maple glazed donuts recipe will not only fill your desire for a donut but they taste great! Make them on a Sunday evening then refrigerate in a Tupperware container and reheat one each morning with your coffee!
Author: Katja from Savory Lotus Serves: 6 donuts
1 and 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour (like this) 2 TBS coconut flour
1⁄2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs 4 TBS full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk) 4 TBS real maple syrup (or honey) 4 TBS coconut oil, melted 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR MAPLE GLAZE:
1⁄2 cup raw cashews 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup 4 TBS coconut butter (like this), melted 2 TBS coconut oil (like this), melted 2 TBS filtered water (plus more if necessary)
1. Preheat oven to 350’F. Lightly grease your donut pan (like this) with ghee or coconut oil
2. Combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
5. Place the batter in a piping bag (like this) or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a 1⁄2 inch opening
6. Fill each cavity in donut pan 3⁄4 full. Give the pan a little shake or two to let the batter settle.
7. Bake for 1820 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
8. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then tip over onto a cooling rack. Allow cooling completely before adding glaze.
To make the glaze:
1. Place all glaze ingredients into a high-speed blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Add more water a tiny bit at a time if it’s too thick to pour. Pour into shallow bowl. Dip each donut into the glaze with a twisting motion to let extra run back into the bowl. Place back onto the cooling rack.