Losing Weight While Sleeping And Feeling Better During The Day
You have to eat this, not that. You have to exercise this amount of time this many days a week. You have to take this many steps per day. You must do all these things to lose weight. But what if you could lose weight while sleeping at night?
No one can ever argue against doing any of the above. but most people would probably think you are crazy if you tell them they can lose weight while sleeping. I do think everyone would be up for that, including yours truly. I doubt that anyone would argue with research done by Harvard. But they are just one of many who have done studies in adults and children regarding weight loss and sleep or just the opposite, weight loss and obesity.
A British study followed more than 8,000 children from birth and found that those who slept fewer than 10 a hours a night at age 3 had a 45 percent higher risk of becoming obese by age 7, compared to children who slept more than 12 hours a night. Learning bad sleeping habits at a young age has resulted in many more people getting improper amounts of sleep as an adult. A Harvard study in 1995 showed only 35% of adults slept 8 hours. In 2005, that number was down to 26%.
So how does getting the proper amount of sleep help with weight loss? It’s really quite simple – we you are asleep you are not eating! The study shows that people who stayed awake late into the evening often got hungry so they would have a snack. Regardless of what you are eating at 11:00 o’clock of night, even if you think it’s healthy, you’ve more than likely consumed all the calories your body needed for the day so anything you eat is in excess.
So how do you put an end to late nights and sleep your way to losing weight? Here are some ideas-
- Go to bed at the same time every night
- Turn off all electronics one hour before going to bed. You can read a book, listen to calming music while having some tea (caffeine free of course)
- make sure you are comfortable in your bedroom and that there is no light or noise
- when you get into bed, lay on your back, close your eyes and think – about nothing! Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Do not tell yourself anything, especially “I have to get to sleep” Just lay there with a quite mind
- If you wake up in the middle of the night, do not turn on the TV, laptop or cell phone. Again, just lay on your back and relax your mind.
- If you are still having a hard time falling asleep, consider listening to a form of meditation. You can find tons for free on youtube. Once they start playing, lay back and close your eyes.
Do you have any ideas on how to sleep your way to losing weight? Please comment below!