Burn Fat And Build Muscle With These Finishes
You just finished your weight lifting for the day and are feeling good as you should. But wait, before you leave the gym or hit the shower, burn fat and build muscle with this “closer” to finish up. Since your muscles are probably feeling pretty tired from your workout, you will not use any weights – except your body weight. They are brief but intense which is why you should do them at the end of your workout. It’s a great way to burn fat and build muscle plus when your done, you will have an extra bounce in your step throughout the day knowing you left everything you had in the gym. Only do one of this twice a week.
You will perform this as a circuit, doing 10 sets with no rest (or at least as little rest as you can handle, trying to burn fat here:) Set one, do 10 reps of each exercise, set 2, 9 reps, set 3, 8 reps and so on until the last set which will be 1 rep of each.
Interval Pull ups – have a set of 20 pound dumbbells nearby
You can use any rack or smith machine. Place a straight bar at approximately hip high. I like to put a bar pad in the middle so I’m not banging my chest off the bar, plus it makes it more comfortable on my feet in the next exercise.
- Hold onto the suspended straight bar with a wide grip, your arms and body straight,your heels on the floor
- Pull your chest up to the bar bending at the elbows keeping your body straight
lower your body back to a straight our position that’s one rep
Feet Elevated Pushup
Grab a 20 pound pair of dumbbells. You have a couple of options here. i prefer to use the straight bar (hence the pad) because it’s right there so I can move quicker. if you prefer to use a padded bench, feel free to do so.
- Kneel in front of the bar, facing away, dumbbells flat on the ground, palms gripping them facing each other. hook your feet over the padded straight bar (leave it at hip height. Straighten your arms. This is your start position.
- Lower your body until your chest is even with the top of the dumbbell. Extend arms straight up, pausing just before locking out your elbows. That’s one rep.
- Get into a plank position, hands slightly wider than shoulders, on your toes,abs engaged Draw your right knee in to your chest without lifting up your hips.
- As you bring your right leg back to starting position, bring your left leg to your chest. Continue alternating legs until you have done each leg the required number of reps.
There are a lot of other finishes to help you burn fat but this is my favorite. Doing the same gets boring, I know so i will psot others in future blogs.
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Our Facebook Page