Spin Workout – Yes It Can Be Fun
Like all cardio exercises that are good for you, a spin workout on a stationary bike can be very boring. Here’s a good 60 minute spin workout that will mix things up to keep you motivated. Go at your pace for as long as you can, building up to the full 60 minute workout. My gym has bikes that go up to level 25. For me, 100% climb is level 20 for my spin workout which I can keep at 55-65 rpm. Adjust to your levels. For sprinting, I consider not being able to see the rpm number as 100%. Adjust to yours. When I’m done with this workout I’m soaked and have finished 24 oz of water. I work out in the mornings. If you do the same, get in a good frame of mind before hitting the gym. I suggest watching this youtube video of Will Smith talking about “Law Of Attraction” it’s awesome – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nVqeVhgQE I highly recommend morning workouts, great way to start your day. Don’t have the time? Set your alarm 90 minutes earlier right now. Problem solved. You will become much more productive throughout the day. Trust me, you just Got2ManUp! Here’s the workout broken down by song.
Disclaimer: See your physician before starting any exercise or nutrition program. You must have a complete physical examination if you are sedentary, if you have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, are overweight, or if you are over 30 years old.
1. ABC – I’m at Level 6, 65% speed first two minutes. Last minute I move it up to level 8, 80% speed. I stay seated entire song.
2. I Wanna be sedated – I’m out of my seat, leaning forward with my head up, palms resting on top of handlebars, butt back over seat, level 12 sprinting as fast as I can for a minute. rest of song I’m in my seat, level 8, sprinting 100% (rpm is buried)
3. Oh! – first hill of the day. I start at level 14, speed at 75% for 1 minute. I then increase to 15, keeping same speed for 30 seconds. up to level 16, speed 70% 30 seconds, Level 18 speed as fast as I can go for rest of song.
4. Ready To Go – sprinting as hard as I can at level 8 in the following sequence (during breaks I’m pedaling at 30% speed) – sprint 10 seconds, 10 second break. Sprint 20 seconds, 10 second break. Sprint 30 seconds, 10 second break. Sprint 40 seconds, 10 second break. Sprint 50 seconds, 10 second break. Sprint 60 Seconds, 20 second break.
5. Train Kept A Rollin – Start song off with a quick break, drink of water, when music starts, back into it – Sprint 60 seconds, 20 second break, sprint 50 seconds, 10 second break, Sprint 40 seconds, 10 second break, sprint 30 seconds, 10 second break, sprint 20 seconds, 10 second break, sprint 10 seconds, get some water wait for song to end but keep peddling!
6. She’s Country – nothing fancy next 10 minutes just climbing. Start at 14, go 80% speed. Raise 1 level each minute until you reach your level 20 (my 100% climb) You should do one minute in seat, 1 minute standing straight up and 1 minute but pushed back over seat, leaning forward, head up, palms on handles.
7. Bulls On Parade vs New Style – drink some water but leave at don’t take off whatever level your on. Continue increasing level until your at your max climb, then ride out the rest of the song. Continue mixing up sitting, standing, bending throughout song.
8. Shazam! Level 8, sprint 50%30 seconds, 100% 30 seconds, repeat. I remain seated entire song
9. Jump Around – Time for up and backs. I do this song at level 12. When your up, that means standing straight up. When your back, that means your butt is over the seat, leaning forward, head up. Everytime he says jump your doing your ups and downs. Say to yourself up, back, up back. When your not in the jump stage, ride standing up. 10. Lonely is The Night – Start at your highest climb level, 30 seconds, then decrease 1 level, 30 seconds, decrease one level, 30 seconds decrease one level, 30 seconds, decrease one level, 30 seconds, increase back to max, repeat above to songs end.
11. All Fired Up – this is a “rolling hills” song” Seated, level 12 as fast as you can, when she sings “All fired up” verse, come out of seat, butt over seat, leaning forward, head up until verse ends, then back in seat, repeat pattern throughout song.
12. Chelsea Dagger – freestyle – this is your song to do whatever you want. Make sure you are working. Close your eyes, picture a beautiful place (for me it’s riding down hwy 101 next to the ocean) get it in your mind, feel the beat of the song and go!
13. Luv Me, luv Me – last climb – go to your highest level, ride as hard as you can for entire song mixing in sitting, standing, butt over seat.
14. Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting – back to sprinting. I use level 8, go 30 seconds as hard as you can (preferably rpm is buried) then back off to 50% speed for 30 seconds, then rpm buried…repeat until end of song
15. I Feel Free – cool down, do some stretching while still on bike, pedal throughout. Close your eyes and listen to song. If you worked as hard as you could following this spin workout, your mind and body should feel free! And ready to attack the day. Congratulations!
What did you think of this spin workout? Please comment below!
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Our Facebook Page