Scale Keeping From Checking Your Weight, Try These
Some people hate stepping on a scale. I’ve heard stories of people nearly fainting because they were so stressed they weren’t going to meet their weekly (or bi-weekly,monthly) weight loss goal. Personally I use the scale as motivation to stay on my target area. I know several men and women who never step on the scale. Here are some things you can do to see how your weight loss is going without ever stepping on a scale. (maybe one every couple moths?:)
- Easiest answer is hanging in your closet. Every man or woman has a favorite pair of pants hanging in their closet. It’s the pair you know you feel most comfortable. More than likely, they are probably one of the reasons you decided it was time to lose some weight. Go try them on right now. How do they fit compared to the last time you had them on?
- How are you feeling when you exercise? Since you are in weight loss mode I’m sure you have started doing some cardio to assist you in reaching your goal. How are you doing now compared to when you started. Not sure? Start tracking your progress by writing it down. Walking 20 minutes a day? How long does it take and how do you feel when your done? Jogging/ How long when you started compared to now. If you were only able to jog for 5 minutes and now you can go for 10, chances are good you have lost some weight. Tracking your exercise progress is crucial to check your progress. Not just in weight loss but keeping track of your overall health.
- Use a tape measure. Don’t just measure your waist but your hips and chest too. This is enough to tell if you are losing that unnecessary flab. If your measurements are going down, you are losing weight. Another thing you can do is pinch the flab in your tricep. Write it down. If the amount decreases you are not only losing weight but probably adding some muscle – a great motivator to keep going!
- Take a good look in the mirror. Nobody knows our body better than ourselves and nobody is a bigger critic. Take a good look at your face and side profile. These are the two easiest ways to tell if you are losing weight.
- Personally I say step on the scale once a week. Stare it down, accept the challenge. I know that every Friday I are going to step on it and dominate! I find it motivating, How about you?
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Our Facebook Page