How do body types differ for best bodybuilding workouts?
There are basically three different body types, endomorphs – a person with a soft round body build and a high proportion of fat tissue, ectomorphs a person with a lean, muscular body build like a basketball player and mesomorphs a person with a compact and muscular body build. Let’s take a look at some of the best bodybuilding workouts for each body type.
If your tall, lean and strong you more than likely have an ectomorph type body. You should-
1. Keep your weightlifting sessions short to preserve muscle mass. Longer training sessions may hamper muscle growth because of natural catabolism in your muscle tissues.
2. Limit your reps to 8 per set per, but do no less than six to maximize your gains. Make the majority of your movements compact like squats and shoulder presses.
3. Don’t pass up cardio just because you already have a lean build. Cardio will ensure you keep that lean build instead of gaining fat. Cardio is an excellent way for a pre-workout warm up to stretch muscles and get your heart rate up. Do three 20 minute sessions of Cardio per week.
4. Keep a close eye on your diet and make sure you are taking in at least 3/4 of a gram of protein per pound of body weight. If you are trying to add muscle, shoot for 1-1.5 grams of protein per body weight.
If you’re roundish but powerful with the weights, you’re most likely an endomorph:
1. Unfortunately, Endomorphs tend to build fat around the midsection area so they have to keep a close eye on their diet. Make sure you are taking in proper amounts of protein and keeping your carbs under 150 grams. Get your carbs from healthy sources like fruits and vegetables.
2. A good thing about being an endomorph is you can gain muscle mass easier through your hard work. Besides compound movements, work isolated lifting to target areas like biceps, quads and triceps for improved muscle growth.
3. Be sure to mix in cardio 3 days a week. No session should be more than 30 minutes but don’t be afraid to work in high intensity like running sprints on a treadmill or outside. You can also pick up a sport like tennis, basketball or racquetball or start hiking on weekends. This will help improve your metabolism which is important with this body type.
If you’re naturally muscular and able to bust out a best bodybuilding workouts in the gym you’re most likely a mesomorph!
1. You are one of the fortunate ones to be in this category. You have muscles and probably see fast muscle mass gains. This doesn’t mean you can slide though. You need to hit the gym with a plan and work hard. Don’t settle, set goals to lift heavier or certain increase rep amounts from a max weight of 3 to 6.
2. This body type doesn’t mean you can load up on junk food because you will get fat. For bigger gains eat 1.5 grams of protein for each pound you weigh. So a 180 pound man would have a goal of 270 grams of protein a day. Focusing on protein, lower, healthy carb intake and some extra fat in your diet will help you accomplish your goals more rapidly.
What do you think of these best bodybuilding workouts tips? Please comment below.