30 Minute Fat Burning Workout For Busy People
This is a form of the fat burning Spartacus workout created by Rachel Cosgrove, (people have told me I’m crazy to send you to another website but if you find something you like better, I’m good) owner of Results Fitness in Santa Clarita, California. That’s right—designed by a woman and it will literally kick your butt. Plus get you in amazing shape! Here’s the concept – it’s a full body fat burning workout of 10 exercises. Each exercise is performed for 60 seconds, you rest 15 seconds before moving to the next exercise. After a “round” of 10 exercises, you rest 2 minutes, repeat. The goal is to be able to perform 3 complete “rounds” of 10 exercises. Again, this is a fat burning machine! Here’s my Spartacus workout but you can do any exercise you want-
Stand up straight while holding a dumbbell on each hand (palms facing the side of your legs). Position your legs using a shoulder width medium stance with the toes slightly pointed out. Keep your head up at all times as looking down will get you off balance and also maintain a straight back.
- Assume a push up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart with straight arms
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles, abs engaged (helps with fat burning)
- Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg
- Continue alternating for the desired time
Single Arm Dumbbell swing
- Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold one dumbbell in front of your hips. Slightly bend your knees with the weight between your legs.
- Push your hips back and then thrust them forward while maintaining a slight bend in your knees. The weight will swing forward until it’s between your stomach and chest height. Push your hips back and continue swinging the weight back and forth.
- Lie face down on the floor supported by your hands in the standard push-up position.
- Perform a powerful push-up and at the top of the exercise lift one arm from the floor and raise towards the ceiling whilst twisting your torso to the side. Roll onto the sides of your feet and keep your body straight at all times.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat but this time raise the opposite arm and alternate arms to complete the set.
you got this, traditional fat burning exercise 🙂
Bent Over Dumbbell row
- With a dumbbell in each hand (palms facing your torso), bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward by bending at the waist; as you bend make sure to keep your back straight until it is almost parallel to the floor. Tip: Make sure that you keep the head up. The weights should hang directly in front of you as your arms hang perpendicular to the floor and your torso. This is your starting position.
- While keeping the torso stationary, lift the dumbbells to your side (as you breathe out), keeping the elbows close to the body (do not exert any force with the forearm other than holding the weights). On the top contracted position, squeeze the back muscles and hold for a second.
- Slowly lower the weight again to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Dumbbell side lunge and touch
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at arm’s length next to your sides
- Lift your left foot and take a big step to your left as you push your hips backward and lower your body by dropping your hips and bending your knees. As you lower your body, bend forward at your hips and touch the dumbbells to the floor
- Do all your reps with your left leg, then repeat with your right. If that’s too hard, do the same move without the dumbbells; simply reach for the floor with your hands.
Push-up position row
- Get into a pushup position with your hands resting on dumbbells and your feet slightly more than hip-width apart.
- Brace your abs as you pull one dumbbell toward the side of your rib cage
- Pause, lower the weight, then repeat with the other arm. That’s one rep.
Dumbbell lunge and rotation
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, keeping your arms entirely straight by your sides, palms facing inwards.
- Push your chest out and take a large step backwards into a lunge, lowering your rear knee towards the ground while keeping your front shin as vertical as possible. As you do so, rotate your torso and your arms towards the outside of your front leg. Push yourself back to the starting position.
Dumbbell Push Press
- Stand holding a pair of dumbbells with your arms bent and palms facing each other.
- Bend at the knees and then push up with your legs as you press the weights straight over your shoulders.
- Lower the dumbbells back to the starting position and repeat.
Try to perform this fat burning workout at least once a week. You can mix up the exercises, do them in any order you choose which helps keep it fun and different. Remember if you really want it to be a fat burning workout you have to choose exercises that push your body.
What’s your favorite fat burning workout?
Follow Us on Twitter
Like Our Facebook Page